LFV has many years of experience in the real estate industry from a tax and accounting standpoint. We are able to assist clients in all matters that may come up in owning, managing, developeing and exiting out of real estate.
These include the following services:
- Understanding the real estate professional tax rules and how a taxpayer can qualify for this.
- Discussion of expenses that would be allowed to be deducted during development of a property vs being required to be capitalized
- Benefits of a cost segregation study and when this can be beneficial to a property owner
- Assistance in like kind exchange (1031 exchange) tax planning and compliance
- Discussion and planning around passive activity rules and other tax loss limitations
- Taxable gain analysis including installment sales and calculating depreciation recapture